Hollandaise sauce is daunting for a lot of people. I’m not sure why. I know it has the ability to ‘break’, but by following simple instructions, I’ve always had success.
That being said, if you want to throw ingredients into a pan and walk away, you may be better off opting for a packet mix or even pre-made. BUT, if you can be patient, you will be glad you did.
Nothing compares to the rich, golden goodness, homemade Hollandaise is. With just a few ingredients, and a blender, you can have this sauce in a snap- get those egg bennys ready, roast your asparagus…you CAN do this!Print
A quick and fool proof recipe for Hollandaise sauce made in your blender. this rich buttery sauce is perfect on asparagus, steak and of course, Eggs Benedict.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1.5 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of nutmeg
This process is quite, simple, but it moves quickly, so have all your ingredients out and ready.
- In a blender, add all ingredients except for butter. Blend for 5 seconds, just to start the emulsification.
- Microwave you butter for one minute- we want it hot! Make sure to cover it, so it doesn’t splatter all over your microwave
- With your blender back on and running on high speed, slowly pour the HOT butter into the egg mixture and blend until thickened.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauces